Hey there! Here is a photo of me relaxing. It is what I do best - passing the time as I move through my heartworm treatment. I am dreaming of my forever home. Could it be yours?
It was a beautiful day yesterday at my Virginia foster home, and I enjoyed wandering around a little bit. I am doing well! And tomorrow is my first heartworm shot. Here are the details from the American Heartworm Society's protocol: • Administer appropriate heartworm preventive • Administer first melarsomine injection, 2.5 mg/kg intramuscularly (IM) • Prescribe prednisone 0.5 mg/kg BID first week, 0.5 mg/kg SID second week, 0.5 mg/kg EOD for the third and fourth weeks • Decrease activity level even further: cage restriction; on leash when using yard. I am not looking forward to any of that, but I am looking forward to being heartworm-free! Please keep me in your thoughts tomorrow. Thank you! And keep coming back to check on my blog.
Hi everyone, and welcome to my blog! As you might know, I tested positive for heartworms, so am on medical hold for a while. About once a week, I will post about my adventures in my foster home! Although there won't be a whole lot of adventures because I have to stay quiet during the treatment. :( Here is the first picture my foster mom saw of me. This was my shelter picture, before I had my painful left eye removed. Check out my tie! I also had a longer hair-do. My foster mom got me a stylish short haircut soon after I arrived in her home. Please check back in to see how I am doing. Thank you! And, if you have any questions for me, post them in the comments section!
Comments
Post a Comment