Enjoying the Good Weather!



It was a beautiful day yesterday at my Virginia foster home, and I enjoyed wandering around a little bit. I am doing well!  And tomorrow is my first heartworm shot. Here are the details from the American Heartworm Society's protocol:

• Administer appropriate heartworm preventive • Administer first melarsomine injection, 2.5 mg/kg intramuscularly (IM) • Prescribe prednisone 0.5 mg/kg BID first week, 0.5 mg/kg SID second week, 0.5 mg/kg EOD for the third and fourth weeks • Decrease activity level even further: cage restriction; on leash when using yard.

I am not looking forward to any of that, but I am looking forward to being heartworm-free!  Please keep me in your thoughts tomorrow.  Thank you!  And keep coming back to check on my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Do Like Other Dogs! :)

Ups and Downs

Relaxing!